If you’ve just created your Office 365 account you’ll need to add a domain name to enforce your brand. It’s possible to use Office 365 without a domain name, Microsoft will give you an onmicrosoft.com address, but most companies will prefer to keep their brand alive and kicking.
Here’s a quick step by step guide and Microsoft have released the video above on their YouTube channel to make it really simple.
- Log in to your Office 365 portal and click on the Admin tile.
- Click on the Domains link on the left side nav bar.
- Click Add domain.
- Click lets get started, and enter your domain name.
- You’ll need to create a TXT record on your domain name in order to validate your ownership of the domain. Speak to your DNS provider and they can get this created for you. Once done, click Okay, I’ve added the record.
- Once it’s validated you will see a list of your existing mailboxes. Click all the mailboxes and then click Update. This will change your email address from onmicrosoft.com to yourdomainname.com. If you are adding a secondary domain name then you probably don’t want to do this.